Friday, June 17, 2005

Huge guffaw!

Huge guffaw - I now have a website. Launch day Friday 17th June 2005. How exciting. Big thanks to Terry from optimaltools for designing such a fab site. His contact details are on my contact page in case you're in the market for a website yourself...

I've just done my Friday exercise session so am still a bit sweaty but thought that shouldn't stop me from recording this day for posterity. Only a few days to go now before the Glasgow Jazz Festival. If any of you up in Glasgow are up for it the gig details are listed on the gigs page. It would be great to see you there. I'm now trying to liaise with a Glasgow printer to get some postcards and business cards printed so I can distribute them with gay abandon around the town. There's nothing like a bit of marketing - all a bit last minute but hey, it's the thought that counts.

I also wanted to say a massive thanks to all of you who came along to The Progress Bar for the gig with Pete, Dave and Simon. What an excellent evening - you could probably tell I rather enjoyed it. I think I need to work on my visible calm and cool image. It would probably help if I wasn't the world's no.1 sweater - as in sweat, not jumper... you know what I mean, you witnessed it. I managed to get the ocean drum back off Dave you'll be glad to know, although it was a struggle. I can't tell you what fun that thing is. Forget stress toys, go and buy yourself an ocean drum. Hobgoblin Music on Rathbone Place do a nice little line.

So, hopefully I haven't put you off with the sweat comment. I'm not sure it's recommended in the 'How to Market yourself successfully' manual. Looking forward to adding the odd note on what's happening as I wander down the path that is jazz. As long as it doesn't involve wetsuits at any stage, things should go fairly smoothly.

Rx


2 Comments:

Blogger Le Couvent - www.roujan.com said...

Hi Rachel

It's Lizzie from Le Couvent. Delighted that you're coming back to stay with us in the sunny south of France for the Jazz Summer School here in Roujan.

Congratulations on a fantastic website - I love the look, the layout, the colours, the ease of reading - and you're biog and blog. Good luck - you deserve it!!

Huge love from Ali & I.

Lizzie
www.roujan.com

1:03 PM  
Blogger Le Couvent - www.roujan.com said...

PS - I do know the difference between your and you're - I just cocked up - sorry
Lx

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home