Sunday, June 19, 2005

Gawd it's warm...

...and you might remember me mentioning the sweat thing. Can't wait to go up north to get a bit of cool air. If you've ever seen me, you'll know that I've never had the fortune of ticking the 'tans easily' box in women's magazine surveys. With a bit of patience, factor 60 and several weeks of constant sunshine, I can go dark white but that's about it. And that's just when all my freckles join together. Still, I'm making the best of a difficult situation and have filled my summer wardrobe (two t-shirts, a skirt and a pair of shorts) with pale blue and white which shows off dark white to a tee. Oh, and beige of course...

I have just spent the afternoon transcribing 'When he danced with me' which is the romantic waltz from The Slipper and The Rose, the real people (as opposed to animated - keep up) film version of Cinderella. A bit of an odd tune to go for you might think but I love it - it makes me want to dance around the room. The score is written by The Sherman brothers and is a rather well hidden gem, but this fraternal duo were also responsible for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book and many other Disney Classics. Worth a look in anyone's book. Anyway, I might just take it to Scotland with me - see how I feel. Prepare to waltz.

What am I doing? It's coming up for 10.30pm, I'm sitting here blogging and I haven't even started packing yet... another of my least favourite activities. It takes me standard packing time just to work out what combination of tablets I need to take with me which puts me at something of a disadvantage from the start. I had better move on.

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home