Wednesday, June 29, 2005

So it's Wednesday already...

I'm sure I only just arrived back from Glasgow. Could be because I've been asleep for the last three days. Having said that, I have managed to fit in a busted loo (not easy for a home with just one loo - good job there's a Starbucks nearby) and dental excavation equivalent to the building of the Channel Tunnel. My face is now looking something akin to The Joker off Batman but inside all my teeth are gleaming white. I finally decided to take the plunge and have all my mercury fillings removed - something to do with tumours and not wanting any more of them. Talk to a homeopath and they'll explain. I think it was just about worth it... just about, I think... possibly.

Anyway, Glasgow was completely brilliant. The gigs were excellent - sweat included - especially at Laurie's Bar where we had a fab crowd in for the ride. Dan Whieldon on piano and Gavin Barras on bass were on top form and we certainly seemed to hit a groove. Splendid! Let's hope we'll be returning next year. You might just catch us popping up around and about in between too.

And as if that weren't enough, I had a top up of Fionna and her excellent posse at the Fionna Duncan Vocal Jazz Workshop. You might just have noticed that I've mentioned it before but that's because it's excellent. Huge thanks once again to the whole gang. I just love it. Great to meet some familiar faces returning like me for the umpteenth time and a whole gaggle of new jazzers too. We kicked ass at the final day concert. Nice one. And meeting Jay Clayton for the very first time - she's amazing. If you see the words Scatlab and Jay Clayton together, sign up immediately. Because you're worth it. And the jam sessions at the Millenium Bar - one of my highlights of the week. Jamming with Brian Kellock, Ronnie Rae, John Rae, Robert Henderson and a fab sax player whose name I don't know on a million mile an hour blues. Outstanding!

By the way, Sophie Bancroft is playing at the Half Moon in Putney TONIGHT!! I'm going, hope to see you there. Starts at 8.30pm.

So, tunes to find, gigs to get, long tones to ooh and maybe even a 4,10,2! And need to dab antiseptic on my Joker mouth...

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home