Sunday, March 11, 2007

I love this live radio lark...

What a wheeze! I'd be quite happy to do all that again. I hope you managed to tune in one way or another. What did you think? You can add comments to this posting by clicking on the "0 Comments" bit at the bottom and then commenting. I'm assured it's very easy and it would be great to hear what you thought of the live performance. Big thanks to the main man Ian Turner who 'pulled a mean string' to quote a tune I sing now and again. And what about Neil Burns? Top guitar man. Nice one, Neil. I hope we'll be doing a lot more stuff together.

It was all remarkably relaxed. A quick run through the charts over some grub down at the Barbican in Plymouth followed by a somewhat hairy ride over to the Beeb in Neil's car. Whey hey. Not sure how I can expand on that. Neil, you know where I'm coming from. Then a quick sound check, a 20 minute limber up (that's code for 'several trips to the loo') while Mr. John Govier - top man, thanks for a great evening - did his initial bit and we were on. Excellent. Never one short of a word or two I didn't seem to have a problem chatting on air and the songs, though I say it myself, seemed to go pretty darned well. I'll be getting a recording of it soon so that should be an interesting experience listening back to it.

So, onward and northward. The next round of gigs are oop north, in Blackpool to be exact at a new venue, the JazzSong cafe. Looking forward to it. Also popping back in to Ashton in Makerfield Golf Club in April. At least the band now know which Ashton we're talking about...

Gorgeous sunny weather is kicking in down here in pasty land. I'm getting very tempted to take a plunge. The sea is looking more and more inviting although I have a sneaking suspicion the water will still be flippin' freezing. And there's not much sneaking about it. My intrepid nieces are coming down in a couple of weeks' time so maybe we'll brave the wetsuits and head wavewards. Or just go for a paddle and get wet accidentally on purpose - I love doing that...

More soon.

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home