Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a Wigan scorcher...

That would be the gig, not the weather! I really enjoyed it. Thanks to a great audience - much appreciated. And a big thanks to the guys, Dan Whieldon, Gavin Barras and Jonas Backman, aka The Whackabas Trio. Top job guys. A rather special thank you to the just as brilliant and doubly gorgeous Mike Walker. What an excellent bloke. Good to see we had the audience crying at some of the ballads - that's crying in a good way of course... Thanks also to Ian Darrington for his great support and kind words on the day. And one last, double, extra big thanks to Andrew Kilmurray at the St. Helens Star and Richard Bean at the Wigan Observer for the great articles they wrote in the week leading up to the gig. My nieces were very impressed indeed. Not only that, I've had lots of emails from people I was at school with who saw the article and wanted to say hello. A great result.

So, thanks all round then. In London for a few days and then back to my lovely Devon on Friday. June is certainly busting out all over in Croyde - both in my kitchen and bathroom. Lets hope I have some hair left at the end of the month. Hair and a new kitchen and bathroom.

Now I just need to get back on the phone and rustle up a few more gigs...

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home