Saturday, September 27, 2008

Top team brought together to record new CD

Whey hey!  Mike Walker, Mike Gorman, Steve Watts, Mark Fletcher, Paul Booth and Damon Brown will be joining me in the studio in November, together with Ian Shaw in the role of producer.  Still got to finalise a few little details, like what tunes to do...  I always thought having a broad repertoire was a good thing but now I'm finding it impossible to narrow down my selection.  My dead certs are changing on a daily basis.  I had a long list, then a short list and now a slightly longer short list.  If anyone has any suggestions as to tunes they've heard me sing and want to hear for perpetuity then please add a comment.  It would be greatly appreciated.  No promises, but if you come up with a great suggestion I might just have to send you a small token of my appreciation - maybe one of my collection of blank notebooks...  See, now you're interested.  

Have I mentioned my slight obsession with buying notebooks?  I seem to feel the need to buy lovely little notebooks to keep all my thoughts and musings together instead of scribbled on corners and backs of the various letters/documents that litter my desk.  A couple of problems here.  Firstly, I keep starting new notebooks before I've finished the last one so my thoughts and musings are spread throughout a number of gorgeous notebooks.  Secondly, I buy notebooks at a far greater rate than I need them and don't limit myself to buying them only when I've filled the last one (note to Dad - I know we've talked about the difference between want and need.  Soz).  This only exacerbates point one.  I'm going on now. Suffice it to say, I probably have a notebook for a good number of jazz tune suggestions...

Lovely and sunny today.  I went for a leisurely coffee and read of the paper at one of my favourite hang outs - Cafe Blue Bar at Tunnels Beaches.  Then I listened to Liverpool beat Everton 2-0.  Nice one Torres.  And now I'm ready for a bit of chilling out having had a top gig last night in South Molton.  Thanks to the splendid audience and to my fab trio.

Right, so where's that shortlist...

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home