Saturday, July 09, 2005

I have a bag problem

No - I don't crave them, I don't dress up in them, I don't have to store all my leftover food in little ones - I just seem to need to buy them. I'm having post-purchase pangs of "that really wasn't necessary, was it...". I bought another bag today. A pale blue leather bag - possibly not the most essential item I have ever purchased - but at least largely in keeping with my capsule (entire) summer wardrobe. You'll need to be keeping tabs on my diary to follow that one. The lady in the shop said "We all like our bags and shoes don't we". Well this could be where my problem lies...

You see, I have such large feet that it is nigh on impossible for me to buy really nice shoes in any leisurely, carefree or spontaneous manner. I really need to have built myself up for quite some considerable time to visit the one street in London where I can buy large shoes. This Street has become a sort of leper colony equivalent for women with large feet. I don't want to knock it - oh no! At least there are three shops on this Street which cater for those of us who are well endowed in the foot department. I have bought some very nice shoes on that street. I do, however, tend to get a little stressed in the knowledge that now's my chance, go get 'em, it's now or never. The result? In a frenzied, panicky state, usually accompanied by a not inconsiderable sweat (again, refer back), I buy several pairs at once which I then store in my hall cupboard with my other boxed, very attractive shoes. I really haven't cracked the 'just say no to inappropriate shoes' thing. So, it has been known in Summer for me to become rather predictable in my footwear as I do rather heavily rely on one source for my cobblery (is that a word?). I have a variety of Summer shoes - I have casual Birkenstocks, smart Birkenstocks and dressy, evening wear Birkenstocks. Come on, they're comfortable, they come in gorgeous colours AND SIZES, and they let the air circulate!

Anyway, as a result, I have perhaps over compensated in the bag department. It's as simple as that.

I've been putting a new set list together today so those of you coming along to my next gig will get a whole new selection. Such fun. And I had a mint choc chip ice cream - yummy.

Have a great weekend. I like my bag...

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home