Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What goes with prawn...?

...and I don't mean baguette or mayonnaise. I'm talking prawn, not prawns.

I was out shopping with a good friend of mine when I rather boldly plucked out a swishy, some might say girly, skirt to try on while he tried on some trousers. I have to say I thought it looked it a bit young and a bit girly but when I came out of the fitting room for an opinion, my friend was very positive and I got carried away with the moment and bought it. I do like this skirt, it's very nice, and it's a size down from usual which is extremely good news. However, it has become increasingly apparent that this skirt is prawn pink. There is no other way to describe it - maybe shrimp at a stretch. I'm becoming slightly concerned that there is actually no colour that goes with prawn... certainly not next to my skin anyway. For example, pale yellow or cream have a tendency to make me look like I'm laid out on a slab, and while I have tried my summer staple pale blue with prawn it's all a bit Pippy Longstocking. Any suggestions would be welcome - remember, we're talking something that could go with prawn and dark white (that's me).

My cousin is a fashion designer and she always says think about colours that go together in nature. This is solid gold I tell you, and I'm beginning to think that perhaps I should be thinking green, as in pink (prawny) flowers and green leaves... Work with me on this one. There is as a counter argument to this; the fact that I would probably get locked up if I walked out in Clapham in prawn and lettuce green. You can see I have big things on my mind. You have to remember that it's taken me a while to move on from beige...

Anyway, I went for a run this morning so I'm feeling very virtuous. There is now clear daylight between my buttocks and the top of my thighs where they used to sort of merge in to one giant mass. Very pleasing. And I'm about to set about major filing issues so I could very well deserve a Frappucino by the end of the day. That would be a Frappucino Light of course...

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home