Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Gutted of Clapham...

...not sure whether I've mentioned my rather major admiration for Mark Murphy. He's a bit of a jazz hero of mine (totally top singer - bit of a legend) and I've been lucky enough to see him live 3 times now and studied with him at the Fionna Duncan Vocal Jazz Workshop a couple of years ago. Anyway, he's only coming to London at the exact time I'm going to be on holiday and on the Jazz Summer School in the South of France. Gutted. Still, that's no reason for everyone else to miss out. Catch him if you can. He's on at Pizza on the Park from Sunday 7th for the whole week, then he's at the 606 on Monday 15th - all with the fab Pete Churchill. And go on, please tell me how brilliant he was. You might even notice a strange similarity between his set lists and mine - it's no coincidence. My iPod is full to busting of Mark Murphy CDs and he does sing some rather fab tunes. And some might say that I have been known to dress in tribute to the great one. I can't deny it. Our taste in blouses seems very similar...

Oh, and did I mention the gig? Saturday 6th August at The Foresters Bar, 53 Perry Vale, Forest Hill, 8pm, free... Yes, I think I did mention it. Then I'm off for a couple of weeks but I might just find the time to tap in a couple of tomes from sunnier climes.

Later

Rx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home